Sunday, September 8, 2019
The Kirkwood Historical Society Presents A Tour of the Town: An Illumination of Our Treasures – Old and New.
Your ticket is an exclusive entry into one of Kirkwood’s most unique landmarks. Enjoy catering from Westwood Catering. Sip some wine or beer while listening to the artisans who created this masterpiece discuss their inspiration.
Each General Admission Ticket Price Includes:
- Guided tour of the interior and exterior of the home
- Appetizers catered by Westwood Catering
- For new memberships ONLY, a $35 Historian, one-year membership to the Kirkwood Historical Society
- Quarterly issues of the red covered “Kirkwood Historical Review” featuring articles and pictures concerning the history of Kirkwood and surrounding areas.
- Our annual Strawberry Festival with picnic space, entertainment and plenty of strawberries and ice cream – fun for the whole family.
- Monthly “KHS Friends” meetings that feature noteworthy speakers.
- Quarterly members’ meetings that feature a speaker on a subject of historical interest.
- Throughout the year The Kirkwood Historical Society has exhibits, presentations and events pertaining to the community’s development.
- The opportunity to rent Mudd’s Grove at the member’s rate for a meeting, party, wedding or other event.
- Use of the Kirkwood Historical Society Library for the research needs of our community.
- A special place to donate and preserve books, papers, photos, and other items on Missouri and Kirkwood history for the future.
Two tours are available: Tour 1: 3:00-5:00 PM and Tour 2: 5:00-7:00 PM
Proceeds will be designated to the ongoing maintenance and preservation of historic Mudd’s Grove, the crown jewel of the Kirkwood Historical Society.
Booties will be provided upon entry, please plan appropriate footwear.